RAY ERHART MEMORIAL AWARD
NFC Members recognize the significant financial pressures faced by students pursuing studies in aviation and aerospace. As such, the NFC provides a cash award for a student on an annual basis. The NFC has provided this award to students since 1984. Check out past award winners “here“.
A sum of $1000.00 is to be awarded to a deserving graduating student who will be enrolling in a course of studies in either: Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Management or Commercial Pilot Training at an accredited post-secondary institution. Financial need for this NFC award is a consideration. Proof of registration required before funds released. Awarded money is to be claimed within two years of receiving the award.
Pictured is NFC President Don Crocker presenting this award & $1000 cheque to 2013’s award winner: Tessa Ferneybough.
Students actively pursuing studies in the following fields may apply for this NFC cash award:
STEPS TO APPLY FOR AND *RECEIVING AN ANNUAL NFC BURSARY AWARD:
- Applicant to provide application letter outlining: interests & future plans in aviation.
- Applicant to indicate association with the NFC or one of its Members.
- Applications to be submitted either by: Mail (NFC: PO Box 6, Nanaimo, BC V9R-5K4) (or) Hand delivered directly to an Executive Member of the NFC.
- Application dead-line is March 31, of the application year.
- Applicant must be within 24 months of requiring the funds
YOUR APPLICATION IS ALSO YOUR PRESENTATION TO THE *COMMITTEE, BE SURE IT REPRESENTS YOU WELL!
Roger that Center. Wait….What?
*A Bursary Committee comprised of NFC Volunteers is appointed annually.
This committee reviews applications & makes recommendations to NFC Membership for consideration.